05 July 2015

DIY Chalk Paint




I know Annie Sloan's chalk paint is the bees knees, but I was searching for a cheaper alternative and found this chalk paint by Americana from Michaels and thought I'd give it a whirl. 

The first item I tried it on was a metal mirror. I really like the crackle effect it gave on it! 

What you'll need: 
  • Paint brushes
  • Chalk paint
  • clear wax 
  • clean rag/towel 
  • sand paper 

Then I saw this on Pinterest and said why stop there!?! I was needing something to store all my paints since we've moved and I don't have my classroom as my art studio anymore!


image via pinterest

So I began to hunt around for a vintage carpenters tool box and was on my way! 





Here's my final result!






No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.